Yancy’s comprehensive college and career readiness solution aligns student strengths and interests with postsecondary goals.
Guides students to connect interests to their potential career paths and actively encourages them to participate in their academic success. Career planning tools within our program allow students to understand how their strengths, goals, skills, and interests can lead to exciting careers.
Students create a personalized plan to help them make the right decisions throughout their academic journey.
Students build confidence by trying new things, pursuing what they love, and learning from their missteps in a safe environment. Students will discover their strengths, connect their interests to careers, set goals, and gain
confidence in their plans.
Here is where we focus on different pieces of career development
and employment. Some examples include assisting with the following:
• Writing resumes and covers letters.
• Conducting mock interviews and providing support for answering interview
• Exploring possible careers and assisting with job, internship, or program searches.
• Developing on-the-job skills (soft skills or technical skills).
• Modeling behavior, attitudes, or skills in the workplace (job-shadowing).
• Career planning and goal setting.
Apprenticeships offer youth classroom instruction combined with structured on-the-job training to provide opportunities for practice in and understanding of work-based contexts for classroom instruction. Participation allows youth to receive the following:
• A paycheck: Youth earn a pay guaranteed to increase over time as they
acquire new skills.
• Hands-on career training: Youth receives practical on-the-job learning in
• An education: Youth receive hands-on learning and related instruction to
supplement the hand-on-learning and have the potential to earn college
• A career: Youth is provided with on-the-job experiences that create long-term
jobs with competitive salaries and little or no educational debt.
We teach more than the hard skills around creating a business; it tools each student's entrepreneurial mindset while developing essential skills, knowledge, and behaviors that can serve them regardless of their career path.
Entrepreneurship students practice the skills required to create a business or product idea, then practice procedures and best practices to test and launch a business or product idea while gaining skills around problem-solving, iteration, and collaboration.
A Yancy Life
2626 S Loop W Suite 562, Houston, TX 77054
Copyright © 2023 Yancy Life Transition Center - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Q. King Media Group